Focus and Scope
TRIVALENT ත්රිසංයුජ: Journal of Archaeology, Tourism & Anthropology is the official journal of the Department of Archaeology, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. The journal provides a platform for researchers and professionals to publish their research findings, theoretical overviews, models, concepts related to relevant fields of Archaeology, Anthropology and Tourism and Cultural Resource Management with a multidisciplinary research approach. This is an interdisciplinary, open-access journal which is exclusively devoted to the publication of high-quality research in the fields of Archaeology, Anthropology, Tourism and Cultural Resource Management. TRIVALENT/ත්රිසංයුජ: Journal of Archaeology, Tourism & Anthropology is published twice a year. The journal focuses on new trends in each field and encourages collaboration by teams of researchers to create special issues on the latest developments in related topics of national and international importance.
The peer-reviewed journal invites original research articles from diverse disciplines. In addition to original research articles, the journal invites review articles, book reviews and short communications.
Responsibilities of the content of papers included in this publication remain with the respective authors. Editorial Board of the TRIVALENT/ත්රිසංයුජ: Journal of Archaeology, Tourism & Anthropology has no responsibility for the content or errors in the individual articles.
Overview of the Department of Archaeology
Archaeology has become a subject field of studying human culture through human activities beyond mere appraisal of past cultures & societies. The application of new knowledge and secrets of human history uncovered trough that scientific study is the main aim of archaeology. Based on the multidisciplinary and multivocal concept of archaeology, it is internationally connected subjects via likes Tourism and Cultural Resource Management. The department offers a student-centered learning system by instilling in lectures a series of practical skills in field work and research.
- Pre & Protohistoric Archaeology
- Mortuary Archaeology & Social Archaeology
- Environmental Archaeology, Geoarchaeology, Zooarchaeology.
- Ancient Art & Architecture, Ancient Technology, Epigraphy & Numismatics.
- Recent trends in computer applications in Archaeology
- Field Archaeology & Settlement Archaeology.
- Archaeological Research, Education, Training & Public Archaeology
- Underwater and Maritime Archaeology
- Physical & Cultural Anthropology, Ethnology & Ethno Archaeology & Indigenous Studies.
- Recent trends, Research & Education in Anthropology
- Cultural, Archaeological, Paleo & Spiritual Tourism.
- Eco, Nature, Adventure, Agro Tourism & CBT.
- Sustainable Tourism Development, Tourism Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Creativity
- Tourism Research, Education and Training and Tourism Crisis Management
- Destination Marketing, Hospitality Management and Recent trends in Tourism
- Role of Technology and Multidisciplinary Approach in Tourism Industry.
- Archaeological Conservations, Museums & Heritage Management
The journal is published twice a year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. There is no embargo on the journal’s publications.
This journal is available for LOCKSS harvesting, to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. See LOCKSS harvesting start page.